Search This Blog

Friday 21 November 2014

Friday favourites

Three things I've loved using this week:






Ren Guerande Salt Exfoliating Body Balm (£20 for 330ml)

There are three reasons I love this: the balm itself is really creamy and leaves my skin feeling beautifully soft. The salt pieces (the exfoliating part) are big enough to really slough off my scaly bits, but not so sharp that they scratch and irritate my skin, and the scent is an uplifting, energising blend of peppermint, basil and rosemary. If you feel like crap in the morning (as I tend to) this is wonderful. The scent wakes me up and I swear the peppermint helps clear my sinuses and lungs. The scrubbing action helps improves my circulation and brighten my skin. I like to smooth this onto dry skin before I shower to get a really good scrub. Using it on damp skin gives a less intense, but just as invigorating scrub. It leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft and smooth, invigorated but soothed at the same time. £20 is more than I would usually spend on a scrub so I saved up for it. And I'm so glad I did! 


  Montagne Jeunesse Coconut Water and Shea Butter Mask (£1 for 15ml)

I have such a soft spot for Montagne Jeunesse masks. I've used them since I was a teenager, when I would use the Dead Sea Mud Pac on my oily T-zone. My skin is much drier now and really benefits from this coconut water and shea butter mask. I use it when I've had too many late nights, eaten unhealthily, and when my skin is red and irritated, which to be honest is usually caused by the late nights and pizza. This mask is cooling, soothing, and hydrating thanks to the coconut water, moisturising and softening because of the shea butter. My skin always looks and feels better after I use it. I keep a stash of these and stock up on them when they're on 4 for £3 in Boots.



Clipper Organic Blackcurrant and Blueberry tea (£1.59 for 10 bags)

I love a nice cup of herbal tea. This is a new discovery and may even be my new favourite. Despite being a blend of just two fruits, it's better than the sum of its parts. There's a lovely fresh sweetness from the blueberries and a rich dark depth from the blackcurrants. Basically it tastes like posh ribena. And the packaging is beautiful! I think the box will make a good home for the hairbands and hairpins I find hanging around the flat.


Happy Friday!



Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. I love that squirrel mug. And I love you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. That coconut mask looks lovely! Next sleepover?

      Delete
    2. I love you too! Absolutely, coconut masks galore!

      Delete