Search This Blog

Friday 28 November 2014

Friday Favourites





Neal's Yard Remedies Aromatic Bath, £15 for 200ml

This stuff transforms my tiny bathroom into a super-fancy spa. It's blissfully relaxing because it contains organic lavender extract and organic lavender oil. I use this when I'm feeling a bit rubbish or stressed out. I find that synthetic lavender fragrance smells quite sickly and doesn't have the relaxing properties of the real stuff. A bath in this is so moisturising that I don't even need to apply body lotion afterwards. The ingredients are really good quality and I love that it doesn't contain any SLS, or alcohols, both of which can leave my skin feeling dry and itchy. This comes in one of Neal's Yard Remedies' beautiful deep blue glass bottles, which helps preserve the natural ingredients therefore and reduces the need for added preservatives. A bottle of this makes a great birthday or holiday gift (or a 'treat yourself, you're awesome' gift).


Maybelline Baby Lips Hydrate lip balm, £2.99

I've been slathering this on my lips like crazy. It's moisturising, smells like melon, and it's cheap as chips. The whole Baby Lips range is fantastic for the price, and they're almost always on 3 for 2 in Boots. (I own four and I've got my eye on at least two more!) This lip balm doesn't have any stickiness and it doesn't leave a whitish tinge on my lips. It contains moisturising shea butter and calming aloe vera extract. I find it best to pat off any excess if I'm using lipstick on top; it has a bit too much 'slip' to it otherwise. I keep this by my bed and slather it on at night, and it's stopped my usual dry flaky winter lip bits right in their tracks. 


Burts Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme, £5.99 for 15g

I love an at-home manicure in front of the Netflix. This has become an indispensable part of my nail routine. I massage it into my nails and cuticles before pushing back my cuticles with an orange stick and filing and buffing my nails.It's packed full of lovely natural ingredients: sweet almond oil, cocoa butter and sunflower oil among others. I love the vintage-style tin and the wonderful fresh natural lemon scent, which comes from large amount of lemon peel oil it contains. As well as softening my cuticles, this prevents my nails from becoming brittle. I've had my tin for nearly a year and I'm not even halfway through it (although my nails are tiny - I'm a nail-bitter with freakishly small hands.) 


Happy Friday!

Thanks for reading x

No comments:

Post a Comment