Search This Blog

Friday 1 May 2015

Friday Favourites

A few of my beauty favourites to brighten up your Friday!




Essie Exotic Liras


This is the shade that started my Essie obsession. Its rich, bright fuchsia pink never fails to cheer me up. One quick coat gives a fully opaque and even finish. I'm only wearing one coat in the first picture, on ridgy, raggedy nails that really need some TLC! The polish levels out to give a smooth, even and glossy finish, making even my nails look smarter and more polished (pardon the pun). I've amassed a pretty sizable collection of nail polishes, but Exotic Liras is a shade I come back to time and time again.

£7.99; available at select branches of Boots, and Superdrug, plus most department stores, and online

No.7 Stay Perfect Shade and Define shadow stick in Cocoa Bean



The shadow sticks are the standout product of the No.7 range. They are so quick and easy to use that I can do a proper blended-out smoky eye in the two minutes inbetween tube stops. The shades are very well pigmented, but easily blended. I usually scribble all over my eyelid before giving a quick smudge - an easy (and quite fun) method of application. The sticks are very well designed too - they twist up, meaning there's no need to sharpen them, but there is a sharpener on the far end if you do want to get a sharper point. Cocoa Bean, the shade I'm wearing here, is my favourite - it's such a lovely, soft, easy-to wear-brown that I think will suit everybody. Next time you get a No.7 voucher in Boots, I highly recommend adding this to your collection!

£8 (£5 with the No.7 voucher); available at Boots and online

Real Techniques eyeshadow blending brush


This brush has changed my relationship with eyeshadow. A quick twirl of its soft bristles and eye products are beautifully blended. I use it for both powder and cream formulas as I find that it can blend both very well. It's ideal for softening and blending any eye makeup look. The synthetic cruelty-free taklon bristles are incredibly soft and easy to clean. The bristles do need regular cleaning because, as you can see above, they stain quite easily. Apart from that, Real Techniques brushes are well made and give excellent value for money.

£7,99; available at Boots, Superdrug, and online

Happy Friday!

Thanks for reading x 

2 comments:

  1. Think I'm going to have to get one of those make up brushes. My mac one has gone the way of all my toothbrushes - I've destroyed the bristles! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I thought the MAC ones were supposed to be good! I haven't tried them but I've seen so much love for them on the blogosphere. Get one of these!

    ReplyDelete