Search This Blog

Saturday 9 May 2015

Summer pinks

Now that spring has well and truly sprung, I'm starting to enjoy brighter colours. 



To me, bright colours feel out of place during winter. I want dark sludgy shades. But as soon as spring arrives, I start to change my tune; being surrounded by beautiful blossoming flowers makes me want to wear bright colours and floral prints.

I've named this post 'Summer pinks' because the shades I'm featuring are brighter, bolder and less pastel-y. They're perfect for pairing with sunglasses and an iced coffee in summer, or for brightening up dreary spring days.

Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in La Sensuelle

This gorgeous rich fuchsia looks great whatever the season. Mixed with lip balm it creates a soft, brightening rosy lip tint. Another coat gives a deeper, brighter hue. The versatility of this  semi-matte shade means that it can see you though through into autumn and winter.  

£26 each

MAC Crosswires

Crosswires is a bright coral that has summer written all over it. It's the perfect shade for a picnic in the park or a day at the beach. Its cremesheen formula gives a rich hydrating texture with a slightly glossy finish. As with all MAC lipsticks, the white chocolate scent is gorgeous.

£15.50 each

Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in Elusive

A light cool matte pink with a bit of a 60's feel - I'd pair this with black flicky eyeliner and an a-line mini-dress. The twist-up crayon shape makes this really easy to use and the mint scent is lovely and fresh.
  
£7.99 each

Topshop glow stick in Spotlight

This combines a cheery warm pink cream blush with a soft golden highlighter, giving cheeks a summery glow. The silky blendable formula and fat twist-up stick make it a joy to use.

£10 each

Maybelline Dream Touch blush in Berry 

A beautiful bright coral-pink blush that I think will brighten every skintone. Despite what the packaging says, it's not a berry shade. It works particularly well with warm pinks and reds and goes very well with Crosswires. The texture is incredibly soft and silky and has the dual benefit of being both highly pigmented and very blendable. 

£6.49 eachEs

Barry M quick dry nail polish in In a Heartbeat

These polishes have the smooth finish and ease of use of much more expensive brands with none of the gloopy, paste-like texture I'd come to associate with quick dry polishes. In a Heartbeat is a gorgeous flamingo pink with a hint of muted pastel that keeps it versatile and infinitely wearable.

£3.99 each

Essie Exotic Liras

I included this is my Friday Favourites here but felt it warranted inclusion here. To me it is the ultimate bright pink - rich, bright, and the colour of fuchsia petals.

£7.99 each

No comments:

Post a Comment