Search This Blog

Friday 19 June 2015

Friday Favourites




Burt's Bees Lemon and Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil is light, lemony and perfect for summer.


I love using oils on my dry, sensitive skin because I find that they provide deeper hydration than creams and lotions, don't leave a sticky residue on my skin, and often contain fewer irritants and more skin-soothing ingredients.  

I love Burt's Bees products and this lovely body oil is no exception. It has a lightweight, silky texture and absorbs very fast, leaving no stickiness or greasiness. I use this after the shower on damp skin, drying myself after, and it hydrates all day.

The light, zesty lemon scent is beautiful and comes from the lemon oil rather than artificial fragrance. This means it in no way smells of bathroom cleaner, as some artificially lemon-scented products can do! 

Best of all, it's full of skin-loving ingredients. The ingredients are 100% natural and include sweet almond oil (soothing moisture for sensitive skin, high in vitamin E) lemon oil (brightens and refreshes skin due to its vitamin C content), and wheatgerm oil (high in vitamin E and very restorative - one of my favourites!It's free from alcohols, glycols, parabens, fragrance, sythetic colour and mineral oil (the full list of ingredients is at the bottom of the page.)  

It's not as rich as one of my other favourites, Sanctuary Stretch Mark Oil (amazing product despite the off-putting name) but in warmer weather when I want something lighter that still manages to completely hydrate and soothe my skin, this ticks all the right boxes.


Full ingredients: 

prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, citrus medica limonum (lemon) oil, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), citronellol, limonene


I've just remembered - if you're ever in Russell Square in London, there's a border full of flowers on the British Museum side of the park that bees love. Just, you know, if you like watching bees as much as I do.

Feel free to comment below. 

Thanks for reading! x

No comments:

Post a Comment