Search This Blog

Saturday 27 June 2015

Going ultra-bright with Sleek's Ultra Mattes palette


If you're thinking of experimenting with bright colours (and I hope you do) get your hands on the Sleek Ultra Mattes V1 palette


The slim black packaging contains a rainbow of technicolour: greens, blues, pinks, purple, orange, yellow... all with a matte finish and a smooth, blendable texture. Its excellent price (£7.99) makes it the perfect palette for delving into colour. 
 



This look is nothing new - a myriad of beautiful rainbow-eyed looks can be found on Instagram - so this is really just my contribution. This was really fun to design and put together. Whether or not I'll wear it out is another question all together, but it has made me see brights in a whole new versatile light.

Here's what I used:
 

Skin was pretty straightforward: I smoothed Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation in shade 51 (Vanille) over my face and added Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla under my eyes and around my nose to tone down redness.

Eyes are where the fun begins: I used Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla as a base to give the eyeshadow an even-toned surface to adhere to. I find it helps bring out the vibrancy of the shadows. 
On the eyelids and creases I used: Bamm! (yellow) in the inner corners, followed by Strike (orange) in the middle and Pout (the bright pink closest to the to the bottom in the picture above) at the edges. On my lower lashes I used Chill (light blue) on the inner corners, followed by Bolt (darker blue) in the middle, and finally Sugarlite (purple) on the outer corners. I used the Real Techniques Shadow Blender Brush  to apply and blend.

Cheeks were Crochet (the orangeiest shade) from the Sleek Lace Powder Blush palette (I'm having a bit of a love affair with Sleek products at the moment!) and my usual bronzer, L'Oreal Glam Bronze Mono in 00 Blonde Sun. Both were applied with the Real Techniques Contour Brush from their core collection.

Lips were Revlon Matte Balm in Audacious, used as both a liner and a lipstick, to balance out the brightness of the eyes. 

I left brows and lashes bare - partly because I was in a bit of a rush, and partly because I actually really like the pure, unadulterated shocks of colour. If you want to add a little extra, winged black liner and mascara would look good as a finishing touch.


Thanks for reading! x  

2 comments:

  1. This is great, I love the photos! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you, I'm glad you like them! I'm really pleased with how the colours photographed :) x

    ReplyDelete