Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 June 2015

Rediscovering old favourites: MAC Quarry and Plumful


I really love this combination of MAC's Quarry eyeshadow and Plumful lipstick. I went through phases of wearing both shades individually - goodness knows why I didn't put them together until now!


Since rediscovering how much I love Quarry (and featuring it in last week's Friday Favourites) I've decided to wear it more often. I've concluded that despite looking very purple in the pot it's actually more of a brown on me, and as such it rightfully belongs in my 'everyday makeup' category of browns and bronzes rather than the 'I'm wearing colour' category. Plumful was another shade I'd pull out only when I wanted something more colourful, but on further consideration it's neither too bright nor too dark, and I think I'll start wearing it as an everyday shade.

When these two unloved shades came together it was a match made in makeup heaven. I love how the slight purple of Quarry looks against my eyes and how it brings out a pinky tone in Plumful, and how Plumful emphasises the soft maltiness of Quarry. 

Here's the rest of my makeup:

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in Porcelain | Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla | Topshop Cream Blush in Aorta | Rimmel Professional Brow Pencil in Black-Brown | Collection Colour Lash Mascara in Clear (on brows) | Maybelline Volum' Express Mascara in Black Waterproof | Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder in Pale Yellow

Do you have any old favourites you've rediscovered?

No comments:

Post a Comment