Search This Blog

Friday 11 September 2015

Friday Favourites




One Line a Day five year journal

I finally got round to getting one of these and I absolutely love it. I had reservations about whether I'd be able to write in it every day (I'd been a very sporadic diarist in the past) but having it creates more routine at the end of the day. I'm looking forward to reading back over it in a few years time.

Orla Kiely for Douwe Egberts coffee jars

My mum, who adores Orla Kiely, gave me these. If you're a coffee drinker (or even if you're not) these jars are beautiful. I went home at the weekend and there were six unopened jars in the cupboard. I'm yet to decide what to keep in them. Probably more coffee.

Beirut's No No No album

It came out today, and in advance of seeing them live on the 24th (so excited!) I listened to it start to finish. And then I listened to it again. And now I'm listening to it for something like the fifth time. It's stripped back and less experimental their previous albims (sadly no accordion intros and trumpet solos here). I'd have liked a little more musical experimentation along the way, but it's a beautiful album nonetheless.

There's something about Beirut's music that I find weirdly addictive, and play certain tracks over and over again. Last time it was the track Scenic World, back when I was living with my parents. My dad is generally a very tolerant man when it comes to music, but after what must have been my 200th listen in a week he finally exasperatedly begged me to play something else. This time around I've got headphones, so my neighbours (and the general south west London area) needn't worry.

Thanks for reading x

No comments:

Post a Comment