Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 October 2015

An old favourite eyeliner



I've tried a fair few liquid liners, but I always go budget - I'm loathe to spend more than £10 on them because 1) I don't wear them every day and 2) like mascara, they cover such  a small area of my face. Pretty much the only thing I'll spend a good chunk of cash on is foundation - I wear it most days, over my whole face, and I've found the shades and formulas of the cheaper versions can't compare to the likes of Nars and Bobbi Brown. Oh, and I like fancy lipstick. MAC, Chanel, Nars... but the less said about that the better, or I'll be itching for another. 

But I digress.

Rimmel Glam'Eyes Professional Liquid Liner (£5.29)




This is without a doubt the best liquid liner I've tried. I've used it ever since Sali Hughes recommended it and my sister gave it a rave review. I repurchased it recently during a mini 3 for 2 Rimmel haul in Boots - my last one ran out ages ago and I missed it!  Although I've never tried high-end liner, when Sali recommends something, you know it's good. This is a long-lasting, dense matte black. Some budget liquid liners flake once they dry, but this stays put. I've had it on for 6 hours so far and it hasn't moved at all.



The feathery brush draws pleasingly sharp and precise lines. I don't even need to line with pencil before using it because the formula glides on easily. This is definitely a 'wet' liner, much more liquid-y than a felt-tip style liner.



To be honest I prefer it to my other budget liquid liner, the Collection Fast Stroke liner, because it's more pigmented. I find that the Collection Fast Stroke offers a lot of control when applying to my lids, but I really struggle to draw the flicky wing bit with its wider, shorter, less flexible brush. But that might just be me. 
I find that this brush has a lot more flexibility while still being easy to control.

I popped a bit of brown shadow (Urban Decay 'Naked' from the original Naked palette) onto the crease to give a bit more definition to my eyes, and then just went in with the liner, working outwards from the middle of my lashline, then inner corner to middle, finally the drawing the wing. 

Obviously I'm not going to be winning any prizes for eyeliner application any time soon, but I'm hideously out of practice - the wonky lines and smudgey bits are genuinely my fault, not the eyeliner's!


My makeup:
Nars Radiant Tinted Moisturiser in Finland | Nars Creamy Radiant Concealer in Vanilla | Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Powder in Pale Yellow | Urban Decay 'Naked' shadow | Rimmel Glam'Eyes Professional Liquid Liner (obviously!) | Rimmel Wonder'full Waterproof mascara in Black | Rimmel Professional Brow Pencil in Black-Brown | Sleek powder blush in Guipure (from the Blush By 3 Lace Palette) | MAC Peach Blossom lipstick


Thanks for reading! x

No comments:

Post a Comment