Search This Blog

Friday 23 October 2015

Friday Favourites

A couple of lovely bits...





Essie 'Not Just a Pretty Face'

I picked this up in Boots earlier this week (3 for 2, yay!) and it was love at first sight. You've heard of 'my lips but better' lip colours - this is 'my nails but better'. The pale muted pink smartens up nails without making them looking obviously painted. And the wonderful thing about it is that it's layer-able. Some pastel-y shades can go a bit streaky, but one coat gives a sheer and even hint of colour. And the name! The name is brilliant - I do like a good nail polish name. 'Not Just a Pretty Face is perfect for work in every way! I've been wearing it to job interviews this week - not to give undue credit to the nail polish, but they've gone really well so far!


MAC Plumful

I love rediscovering the makeup in my collection - it's like going shopping, but without needing to spend any money or get out of my pyjamas. I always thought I wasn't too keen on Plumful, thinking it was too blue toned, too brownish, or just not right for me. Well I've rediscovered it this week (hence why it's in Friday Favourites!) and my goodness, it's really beautiful. It's the perfect autumnal plummy-pink, a nice nod to vampy lips while still looking soft and pretty. Plus the buttery 'lustre' texture keeps lips moisturised. (Spoiler alert: I'll be blogging about what team it with next week!)

Thanks for reading! Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment